Friday, January 8, 2010

Sunset Over a Frozen Lake.



A buddy and I went running the other day at Fort Yargo, a state park near my house. It was a crisp 34 degrees when we arrived at the park. The run was more of a mental battle than it was a physical one. I couldnt get my mind of the fact that it was almost freezing outside and I am going for a run.

We head out on a trail that is meant for mountain bikes. The trail is pretty steep at the beginning, but not too bad. We run on and God begins to prick my heart, "I have some beauty in store for you yet'" He says to me. My mind begins to roll. I start to fantasize and look for what He has for me as we run along. I see the frozen creek and I thank Him for it and its beauty. We keep running and I see patches of ground where water used to stand, now frozen solid; and I thank Him for the different seasons of life, but still haven't really seen anything really "wowing".

And as we were coming to the end of our run, back at the top where we started, I was consumed with the thought, "Is this it? God, that's all You had to show me?" I was kinda let down and disappointed, but as we got to the very top of the trail almost to the truck God speaks to me, "Look back. Look back over your shoulder at the lake." I look and right as we are coming off the trail the sun is setting over the lake behind us. I cant even describe to you how beautiful it was. The lake sits in between two huge foothills. Its almost as if we had escaped to the mountains for a moment in time, and no one else was around for miles. I was in awe. God began to speak to me again, "Chachi, you are My son. I am always here, always romancing your heart."

God desires intimacy with us. His desire is to be so real and so evident that we cannot question His intentionality. Dont get consumed with forcing God to show Himself. He doesnt work on our time. When He shows up, it will be unforgettable and you wont be disappointed.

T.R.A.I.L.

#trail   #trailministries   #livetheadventure   #challengeandequip
Follow us on twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you are heading towards exactly what He wants you to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many profound ideas in this post. Life, like this run, is a mental battle. We constantly wonder where God is taking us and whether we are actually doing what he desires. Then, we turn around, look back on previous years, and realize that we were on the right track, we were doing his will, and it all came together to create a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete