Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Surge of a Storm Counted as a Joy


When storms come my immediate reaction is to go outside and see them. I love to see their power the way they just come in almost as if they just exploded into existence that very second out of nowhere. I love to watch them surge and control the part of the world they are shadowing. My favorite memories of hiking are the ones where a storm hit unexpectedly and made us shift our plans in some way.

I would really love to be able to say that I react the same way when storms rage in my personal life. I definitely don't run outside and celebrate their existence. Usually, I get discouraged, freeze in panic or fear, or become numb and do nothing acting as if its not there...

... But what does the Word tell me to do?
James 1:2-4
"Consider it pure Joy, my brothers whenever you face trials(storms) or many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

I need to learn to dancing in the rain and know that I serve a God who is bigger than anything that I face. I don't face the storms alone. My Father, Lord, Savior, Lover, and Friend is with me always. He is growing me and stretching my faith.


When we face storms and trials its nice to know that our Father knows that we have what it takes to make it through them. Be encouraged and take heart in this.

T.R.A.I.L.

#trail   #trailministries   #livetheadventure   #challengeandequip
Follow us on twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. how true- so often, I'm willing to notice the things in nature and celebrate and enjoy the unexpected or danger- but in my own life, I freeze, rebel, or even get angry when the "storms" show up. what a needed reminder.

    ReplyDelete