Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Morning Reflections


I hadn't made the time to really spend some intimate time with the Lord in a while. I would pray and talk to Him, but all surface level stuff, no new ground being broken. I was doing just enough to get by. I felt as if I was just drifting with no certain direction, no certain purpose, and with certainly no joy. Anyone who talked to me knew it as well. I was as irritable as a hungry baby. The only explanation I could come up with was that my feelings and attitude were a direct reflection of the amount of time I spent with the Lord. We can do all the things we want in the physical realm, but until we invite the Lord (spiritual realm) to lead us, we won't get anywhere.

So, this week I decided to get up and spend an hour every morning praying and drinking coffee with the Lord. It's not like it has been the easiest thing to do, by any means, but the difference it has made in my life is incredible! I am a different person completely.

I know this is an extremely elementary idea and learned principle to a growing and alive Christian's walk, but making God a priority and allowing Him to have control and take the lead on every day has been a life changing experience. Before, I would do my quiet time whenever I could "get to it", but I never would get to it.

God is a leader who doesn't just want the power. He already has it. He wants us to be amazing at everything we do, but we cant do it without him. I went to a camp in Colorado this summer and on one of the walls was a quote by one of their guides who was killed in a tragic rafting accident, but it is the perfect example of the life that God offers to us when we surrender ourselves and each day to Him.

"I want to be wild and good, irrational but at the same time rational, rebellious but helpful, dangerous but an ally. i don't want to be tamed by society. I just want to be free to choose GOOD over evil, CHRIST over paganism, LOVE over lust, HEALTH over indulgence, SACRIFICE instead of self-centeredness, STRONG instead of weak in all areas. I want to be a man because I want to be, because I am and I love it! I am conforming though, to just the beautiful way God made me." - Josh Lantz

T.R.A.I.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment