Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Its All About the Little Moves


Sometimes I feel like life is at a stand still and nothing that I am doing is effecting the long-term goal of my life. I see this friend and that friend doing huge great things with their life and celebrate with them and then as soon as I am alone I wonder when it will be my turn? When I get to call everyone to have them celebrate with me? This has been a recurring theme in my life in the last year or so. I dont mean to be all "woe is me" or anything just trying to be transparent.

These thoughts were running rampant in my everyday until about a month ago when I was reading in my Bible. Philippians 3:14, "Daily, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." I sat there for a moment and let it sink in....

I keep waiting for the big moment to happen where everything makes sense and my life is figured out, but thats not the way it happens. "Daily, I press..." Pressing towards a mark doesnt mean to take one big jump and make it all the way to the goal. What it resonates to me, is that I am going to have to take steps to complete a goal. There isnt a shortcut to take, an easy button to push, or magic genie that pops out and gives me three wishes.

If I am going to complete something, and do it right, I have to take it one step at a time and make sure each step helps me take the next step to achieving my purpose. Its like going climbing. Climbers dont stand at the bottom of a rock face and do some kind of awesome Matrix style super jump to the top. They strategically plan out their route making sure that they are taking the small steps to achieve their goal.

This is what I have been dealing with for a while now with TRAIL. I felt like I was just chasing my tail around in circles. But this scripture reminded me to press on that God is with me and He is peeling back the layers. And when all the small steps have been taken it will be time. "Daily, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

TRAIL

#trail   #trailministries   #livetheadventure   #challengeandequip
Follow us on twitter!
Like us on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment